About Me

My photo
My name is Meghan, my friends calls me Megs. I am also known as megals, meg-nut, meggy, mey-mey. But you don't have to call me those :] I am very easy goin cuz I love having fun! I LOVE hanging out with my friends!! Nothing gets better than that :} I love my Sunday's cuz I can actually eat dinner with my family. (I work late). I love music! It's a big part of my life. I love dogs! My dogs name is Nana Jade and she is 7 years old.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

House Sitting...dun dun dun!

A few weeks ago I was asked by my friend Jessica and her husband Chris if I could house sit for her. It would be for a whole week while they were in Utah. I was like sure, why not? It would get me out of the house :) So I agreed to house sit for her and invited my best friend Jana to come with me because Jessica lived all the way out in Queen Creek (Half hour or so drive) and I didn't want to be all alone in their newly wed empty home. The first night Jana was not able to make it so I was all by my lonesome. I thought to myself, it won't be so bad! I can handle it! As I am laying there in bed, I keep hearing noises. Like someone was in the kitchen or something. I freaked out a bit so I ran to the bedroom door and locked it. I knew no one was in the house because the front door was definitely locked! (I checked like 50 times!) And I never went out the back door or garage door. So I laid back down in bed to try to get some sleep for babysitting in the morning. Then, I heard something outside! I forgot to lock the window!!! AH! So I ran over, shut it, and locked it as locked as it could get! OK, calm down Meghan. There is no way anyone can get in. I even shut the bathroom and closet door! (like that would do anything) Finally I was able to calm myself down, force myself to know that no one could possibly get in, and fall asleep. Phew...What a night! I got ready and left for babysitting.
The next night was the night Jana was coming with me (thanks goodness!). We went to her house, got all of her things and gadgets to keep us entertained and headed to the forever-away house. It was so nice to be away by ourselves. We got a smidget of what it feels like of living on our own :) We hung around, talked, ate dinner, and had our friend Andrew come over to watch a movie (which we ended up not doing...I don't think lol). Anywho, after Andrew left we settled down, got ready for bed, talked some more (of course) and laid in bed and continued to talk. We got to the point where we were both mumbling from being so tired. Then...KLINK KLINK KLINK! We both caught our breath to listen to what we thought we heard, but it stopped. Neither of us said anything. It came again...KLINK KLINK KLINK! OK now we were getting a lil' freaked out! I shot up, "Did you hear that?!" She shot up and said, "Yeah!" We both looked at each other with don't-know-what-to-think faces. We waited in silence to hear if the klinking came back. Nothing. Maybe it was just a dog hitting its food dish, but it sounded like dished in the sink. We looked at each other, confused, and slowly laid back down. They didn't have anything electronic out in the open. That's good. Then just has we had finished joking about it...KLINK KLINK KLINK! The two of us, are officially scared and freaked out!! Someone is in the house! The kitchen or something!! But how?! We made sure the doors were locked! Uh-Oh...the windows!! I ran over to the window in our room shut it and locked it. What do we do!? Call 911?! But we didn't want them to get here and not even a mouse was in the house. The bat! I thought aloud! The knife Jana said. I grabbed the bat that Chris had next to his side of the bed and Jana snatched the knife on his night stand. We checked the shower, porcelain pony room and closet before proceeding to the...DOOR. Phone in hand, we walked to the door. Gulp. 1...2...3! We swung open the door with weapons ready to use! Nothing. We walked slowly down the hall, hearts beating like a thousand drums, into the first bedroom. Jana checked the closet, window and every nook and cranny while I checked the second room the same. Nothing. We peered around the corner and listened. No sound or movement whatsoever. HA! We popped around the corner with weapons ready as ever! Nothing again. Hmmm, maybe it's just all in our head? We quickly checked the garage door, the front door, front closet, all the windows and the back sliding door. OK, so maybe nothing was in the house. But it sure sounded like it! As we calmed down, we walked to the bedroom, locked the door and stood in shock. Wow. First of all: Good thing No One WAS in the house. Second: Did we actually just go around the house with a bat and knife?! Phew! Still a little tense we crawled back into the bed and sat there stunned. After a while we joked and laughed at ourselves and talked some more until we drifted off into slumber catching Z's and counting sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment